How to Protect Your Skin Barrier ? But first let’s understand what is the skin barrier?
Your skin barrier is your first line of defense against the outside world. It helps protect you from bacteria, viruses, and other environmental pollutants. If your skin barrier is compromised, it can leave you susceptible to infection and disease. In this article, we will explore how to protect your skin barrier and the benefits this brings for both the horse and the owner.
The Basics of Skin Barrier Protection :
There are a few basic things you need to know in order to protect your skin barrier properly. These include :
- Cleaning: It is important to clean your hands regularly with soap and water in order to remove any dirt or debris that may be compromising your skin barrier. You should also avoid using harsh chemicals on your hands as these can damage the protective layer of cells on your skin.
- Moisturizing: Your hands need moisture in order to stay healthy and protected. You can achieve this by applying a moisturizer regularly, especially after washing them or working in harsh environments. A good moisturizer will help seal in the natural oils of your skin and prevent them from being lost.
- Sunscreen: Sun exposure can damage the cells of your skin barrier and make it less effective at protecting you from infection and disease. That’s why it’s important to use sunscreen regularly when going out into the sun. Look for a broad spectrum sunscreen that will offer protection against UVA and UVB rays.
The Benefits of Protecting Your Skin Barrier: There are many benefits of protecting your skin barrier properly.
Some key benefits include: –
- Improved Health: When you have a strong and healthy skin barrier, it means that you are less likely to get sick or develop infections or diseases.. This is because your immune system is functioning better overall and has more resources available to fight off invaders..
- Improved Appearance: Healthy facial skin requires a healthy skin barrier! When you take care of your skin barrier … it glows from within.
- Improved repair: with most medical facials and laser treatments the repair potential of the skin makes up for most of the results. Taking care of the skin barrier particularly post procedures like Hydrafacial, laser Toning, chemical peels, skin tightening, etc is extremely vital as this tends to impact the end outcomes positively.
To conclude, the simplest way to get your skin to do the most without much help is to nourish it well and strengthen its repair abilities. This is exactly what skin barrier repair is all about.
For more on winter skin care topics, follow @ dermatologist.drsonam and @skin_world_thane on instagram.
To visit #skinworld Thane , call 9766618945 or 7977303930